- A Wizard of Earthsea joins the National Endowment of the Arts' Big Read Library
27 April 2007
- Voices has been selected for inclusion on the New York Public Library's Books for the Teen Age 2007 [3Mb pdf]
29 March 2007
22 December 2006
- Authors Speak: What Books are You Giving This Year?
19 December 2006
- UKL's Bookshelf at Powell's Bookstore
12 December 2006
- Neat Stuff update
11 December 2006
- Some Books I've Liked.
11 December 2006
- New poetry
27 November 2006
- Entrevista a Ursula K. Le Guin
18 November 2006
- Pages Magazine, "The Lions in Winter."
"Insight and reflection from literary legends."
13 November 2006
- New reviews for Voices and Gifts
11 November 2006
- Very Short Stories: SF in six words.
5 November 2006
- "Mystical, magical worlds worth visiting again and again," by Michael Berry
San Francisco Chronicle 10/29/06
5 November 2006
- "Music & Poetry of the Kesh," by Ursula K. Le Guin & Todd Barton.
1 November 2006
- Literary Arts has announced that The Charles Erskine Scott Wood Distinguished Writer Award, presented
to an author in recognition of a distinguished career in Oregon
letters, will be given to Ursula K. Le Guin. The award is presented at the Oregon Book Awards ceremony, which will take place on Friday, December 1, 2006, at 7:30 p.m., at the Portland Art Museum.
Literary Arts Announcement [PDF]
Ceremony & ticket information
[SFWA Press Release]
27 October 2006
- Maxine Cushing Gray Award acceptance speech
23 October 2006
- "Fairy tales for cynics," a review by Ursula K. Le Guin of
The Ladies of Grace Adieu And Other Stories, by Susanna Clarke
[offsite link to The Los Angeles Times: May require registration]
15 October 2006
- The Son of the Anime Master Begins His Quest for Honor, by Charles Solomon
[offsite link to The New York Times original publication: May require registration]
Sunday, 15 October 2006
- Femin magazine:
The original questions and answers
on which an interview published in the Japanese feminist magazine
FEMIN was based — translated into Japanese by the interviewer,
[offsite link to Femin]
3 October 2006
- Read Something Dangerous: Banned Book Week celebrates 25 years of reader subversion, by David Jasper
[Offsite Link to the Bend, Oregon, Bulletin 9/24/2006]
(26 September 2006)
Revolution in the aisles," a review of J.G. Ballard's Kingdom Come, by UKL.
[Offsite Link to The Guardian Unlimited, 9/9/06]
(26 September 2006)
- Gifts and Voices: New reviews
24 September 2006
- "Reclaiming Omelas,"
by Robert C. Koehler.
[offsite link to The Smirking Chimp]
[offsite linke to Common Wonders]
(21 September 2006)
- The Washington Center for the Book honored Ursula K. Le Guin with the Maxine Cushing Gray Fellowship for Writers, for her distinguished body of work.
[Center for the Book announcement]
(September 19, 2006)
- The Annals of the Western Shore: Gifts and Voices
- "Gedo Senki, a First Response"
(August 19, 2006)
- "Mermaid on dry land— UKL reviews Margaret Drabble's The Sea Lady at The Guardian.
(July 24, 2006)
- "Meet the first action heroes" — London Times article
(April 22, 2006)
- Gedo Senki (Tales from Earthsea) -- Studio Ghibli Film Synopsis
(April 21, 2006)
- Incredible Good Fortune is now available.
(March 16, 2006)
- "Shame," and its followup "The Shame of Earthsea: A Public Response To What Some Folks Are Saying About That Essay" by Pam Noles [offsite links to Infinite Matrix and typepad.com]
(29 January 2006)
- Guest columnist Michael Kandel: Being an Editor
(21 January 2006)
- The Magician: article/interview by Maya Jaggi, online at The Guardian
(Dec. 29 2005)
- Gedo Senki: Earthsea from Studio Ghibli [offsite link]
(Dec. 29 2005)
- Las Doce Moradas del Viento: A website, in Spanish, devoted to the work of Ursula K. Le Guin
- Interview at Bella Online
(Oct. 5, 2005)
- New Poetry
(Sept. 28, 2005)
- The Unshelved Book Club Presents A Wizard of Earthsea
(Sept. 25, 2005)
- Gifts receives PEN/USA award
(Sept. 4, 2005)
The Judges say: "Gifts confirms Ursula Le Guin's ability to invent a country where the natural and supernatural seem both harrowing and mundane. In the Uplands, families fear one another because of their inherited gifts: the power to destroy both enemies and kin with 'a glance, a gesture, a word.' The book asks a question of great moral weight:..." [continued]
- "A Message about Messages" — A new essay by UKL, first published by CBC Magazine
- Diane Rehm Show: Readers Review: "A Wizard of Earthsea" by Ursula K. Le Guin
- In Memoriam: Andre Norton
(24 March 2005)
- Fantascienza: Two Articles
(4 January 2005)
- Notes on the Earthsea Miniseries
(1 January 2005)
- Entertainment Weekly interview with UKL by Neil Drumming. Complete interview by subscription only.
(Dec. 16, 2004)
- Gifts (0-15-205123-6) has been selected as one of
Booklist magazine's Editors' Choice titles for 2004.
- Gifts reviewed in the
"Parade Picks," November 28, 2004, Parade magazine (circ. 34
- Ursula K. Le Guin's Gifts is one of "5 Top-notch New
Novels for 'Tweens" in Family Fun magazine (circ. 1.5 million, Dec/Jan
2005): "Science-fiction icon Le Guin probes the natures of fear, power, and
love in this darkly beautiful, quietly provocative novel."
- Amazon.com has released its list of Top 10 Editors' Picks for 2004 in teen
#8 is Gifts by Ursula K. Le Guin.
- "Earth Stories" on Stage:
VERB — Literature in Performance.
A Fine Cast in a Unique Dramatic Performance of Le Guin's Stories "Half Past Four" and "Findings." VERB: Literature in Performance from Oregon Literary Arts. A fully
staged theatrical performance of the complete stories, adapted and
directed by Jan Powell, and starring Marika Engelhardt, Victoria
Parker, Eric Hull, and Patrick Wohlmut. Theater!Theatre!, Portland, OR (August 2004)
- Introductions to new Random House editions of The Time
Machine and The First Men in the Moon, by H.G. Wells, forthcoming 2002, 2003. "I enjoyed reading for them and
writing them very much. It took me back to Wells's sf after a long
time away. Of course I first read him at 11 or 12, I suppose. He
wears very, very well." — UKL
- "The Wild Girls" wins Locus Award for best novelette
- "The Wild Girls" earns Asimov's Readers Award
- "The Wild Girls" earns 2003 Hugo nomination.
Illustrations by Eric Beddows for Changing Planes, a new collection of stories by Ursula K. Le Guin
- "American Wars" — A new poem at Poets against the War
Nebula Nomination: The Other Wind
- Ursula K. Le Guin: 2003 SFWA Grand Master
- PEN/Malamud Award
for excellence in short fiction
- UKL's Report on the PEN/Malamud Ceremony
- Photos from the PEN/Malamud ceremony
- Portland Oregonian Interview with UKL:
"'An old wrinkly person' discusses her latest award"
- Tales from Earthsea: The Endeavour Award
- The Other Wind: World Fantasy Convention
Best Novel Award
- World Fantasy Award nomination: Best Novel: The Other Wind
- World Fantasy Award nomination: Best Novella: "The Finder," from Tales from Earthsea
- [UKL ebooks are now available from Kobo.] "The Bones of the Earth"-- Nominated for the Hugo Award
- Locus Award: Best Novella: "The Finder, " Tales from Earthsea
- [UKL ebooks are now available from Kobo.] Locus Award: Best Short Story: "The Bones of the Earth", Tales from Earthsea
- Locus Award: Best Collection: Tales from Earthsea
- Endeavor Award Nomination:
Tales from Earthsea
Copyright © 2007 by Ursula K. Le Guin